01. Information We Collect & StoreWhen you register an account on our website, the information you submit to us will be stored in our databases. Only you will be able to see your private information (email). Your password is hashed during registration and only your true password can be used to verify a match, so in the event of a hacker getting your hashed password in our database, they won't see your actual password. The information we store for each account is:
- The username, email and securely hashed password.
- The date/time when the account was created.
- The current rank, profile bio and any connected social media accounts like Twitter.
- Preferences i.e. wish list sale alerts, newsletter opt-in status and privacy settings.
02. How We Collect InformationWe collect your information through the use of forms throughout our website, whenever you submit a form to our website you post your information into our databases where we store it, for example when you register an account the data you type in the text boxes we eventually see and store it in our databases when you submit the form.
03. What We Use Your Information ForWe use your information so we can tailor the content we show you, for example if you follow mostly action games then we'll do our best to show you action games in your Discovery Queue and in The NEXARDA Newsletter if you've opted in.
04. How We Protect Your DataOur main objective at the end of the day is to keep all user data secure, and we do this in many clever ways. Here's a few ways we help keep your data safe when you're using the site and when you're not. Our website uses "https", meaning all data sent to and from your browser is encrypted (notice the green padlock icon in your browser). We use a modern approach to prevent CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) and XSS Attacks.